I’ve poured my everything into that blog post and no one came by to comment. Not one link was shared. There were no pinned photographs and zero traffic, but why? Ever had that happen to you? Let’s face it, we’ve all got a lot to learn from others. Some blogs receive a lot of traffic, while others, not so much. Did you know that there are some do’s and don’ts when creating a post? We want to show you How To Create a Stellar Blog Post. With these few easy Blogging Tips, you can increase your blog traffic and interaction.
Blogging Tips: How To Create A Stellar Blog Post
What is a “Stellar Blog Post?”
It is a post that receives traffic. It receives traffic because it contains the following:
- An Engaging Story – I find that blog posts are more engaging when they read like a story. Depending on the kind of blog you have, you’re probably sharing products, projects, personal stories or advice. The options are endless, but what is important is how the information is presented. I’ve learned to step away from the cut and dry reviews and weave the products into a story-like format. By doing this, readers find the post more interesting and are more likely to read it all the way through.
- Beautiful Photography – No, you don’t have to be a professional photographer. But photographs that have clear lighting (daylight is always best) and staging and props that make sense help the blog post flow smoothly. I love adding photographs to my posts, but I don’t always have something applicable to what I’m writing about, instead of searching for a stock image, I’ll create one.
- Pinnable Images – I love using PicMonkey and adding the Polaroid frame to my photos, but they’re just not as pinnable as one with great lighting, staging and props.
- This image is just an example of the different ways you can present your idea via photography. On the left is a picture that I’d pin. The one on the right, though pretty, is a bit busy. The border around the photo, the colors, the font, all of those combined make it not quite Pinterest worthy.
- Know your topic. Research and ask for input. There are so many valuable resources and blogs that will provide you with great tips on how to improve your blog or your photography like Ellen Blogs.
- “A Call To Action” – Give your readers a reason to respond with a thoughtful comment as your closing statement.
- Always remember to check your grammar and spelling before posting. If possible, it’s also helpful to have another set of eyes review posts before they go live.
These are just a few blogging tips you can use when thinking about How To Create A Stellar Blog Post. We know there are so many more. Leave us your blogging tips in the comments section below. We’d love to hear How You Create A Stellar Blog Post!