I recently borrowed a paper crafts book, entitled “Paper Made! 101 Exceptional Projects to Make Out of Everyday Paper” by Kayte Terry. Kayte is a visual merchandising manager for a fashion brand and she’s also a prop stylist. Her craft projects have appeared in many magazines, craft sites and TV programs. You can learn more about Kayte and find her projects at This Is Love Forever.
The book was filled with so many different fun projects, as I browsed the pages, I came across the “Piece of (Cup) cake Paper Flower” (the 81st project in the book) project. In the book, it was used as a decoration for a gift, but I thought I’d turn it into a little something different for my daughter. By simply adding a bobby pin and 2 strands of beads, this could now be used as a brooch or a hair clip.
Cupcake Paper Flower Clip
10 cupcake liners
1 bobby pin
Sewing needle & Thread
1) Stack the 10 cupcake liners and flatten them. Use a sewing needle and threads to attach a bead in the middle of the liner stack.
2) Prepare a string of Chinese knotting thread and insert the rainbow beads to form 2 tassels.
3) Use the sewing threads to attach the tassels on the liner stack.
4) Insert the bobby pin through the sewing threads.
5) Separate and twist each layer of the liners and make the flower full.
6. There are so many different variations that can be made to this Cupcake Paper Flower Clip. By simply using different colors or patterned cupcake liners, using different beads and adorning additional embellishments. Don’t be limited by what you see here in the tutorial, this Cupcake Paper Flower Clip could easily be turned into home decor, party decoration, and as mentioned before embellished gift wrap.
Does the Cupcake Flower Clip project make you view your household items in another light? Would you use the Cupcake Paper Flower for another project or as is? Share you ideas in the comments section below.