Minions are the hottest thing around right now. Not only are they cute and adorable, they are funny too. Just in case you have no idea what a minion is, minions are small, yellow characters that are one of the best things about the movie Despicable Me. No one is entirely sure what they are but they certainly are fun. Just in case you have a child in your home who is a huge minion fan, I’m going to show you how to make a minion party favor. It’s a very easy craft to make.
How to Make a Minion Party Favor
- Two sheets on heavy card stock or heavy weight scrapbook paper. One sheet should be bright yellow and the other sheet should be bright blue.
- Black marker
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes
- Some kind of treat to put into the party favor. I used Boogie Wipes.
- Cut pieces of yellow card stock that measure 3″ x 7″. Fold each in half so the final piece is 3″ x 3.5″.
- Cut pieces of blue card stock that measure 2″ x 7″.
- Draw a black strip with the black marker about 1/4″ down from the folded part from one end of the yellow piece to the other (across the 3″ side).
- Insert the treat into the card stock.
- Wrap a blue piece of card stock across the bottom open end of the yellow card stock. Secure the back with the glue stick.
- Stick on the googly eye or eyes in the middle of the black strip. Some of the minions have one and and some of the minions have two eyes. You can do some of each.
Having a minion birthday party would be very easy. Just buy plates, napkins, tablecloth and streamers in bright yellow and bright blue. Make cupcakes with a yellow cake mix and top with blue frosting. You can have all of the kids watch Despicable Me while they are enjoying the snacks and then send them home with a goody bag and a party favor too.