If you’re like me, you have more holiday decorations than you know what to do with and you’re always looking for a way to craft without spending too much money. This Christmas I found a great compromise between saving money and getting rid of excess decorations and craft supply!
My family was in town so we decided to have a little craft party to make some Christmas wreaths. After a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to get a few basics, we were ready to start crafting with excess Christmas decor and ornaments.
This is how I made this wreath with left over things I had, but you should definitely experiment with different holiday decorations and make it your own!
1. Use hot glue and an ornament hook to secure one end of the garland to the foam ring. To use the ornament hooks bend them in a “U” shape and pin the garland by pushing it into the foam ring. Use a touch of hot glue after you put the pin in to make sure it’s secure.
2. Continue to wrap the garland around the ring until it is completely covered. Attach the end with an ornament hook and hot glue just like the beginning.
3. Use ornament hooks and hot glue to attach the ornaments to the wreath. Get creative with what you put on your wreath to spice it up! I used different tree ornaments, bells, and ribbon.
4. Use the ribbon to make a bow to put the finishing touch on your wreath.
5. Find a great place to display your wreath!
This is a fun craft to do with friends, or even with kids if you help them with the hooks and hot glue. Don’t stop at wreaths either: use left over craft items to make other fun, new decorations! Save craft items, and save money! My sister-in-law made a wreath with me, and even though we did it together, our wreaths were very different, but very beautiful! Here’s hers:
How do you find ways to craft and save money? Don’t forget to share some pictures of your recycled holiday crafts, I’d love to see them!