Cleaning the house is not my favorite thing to do and I am always looking for easy household hacks that will shave minutes off the time it takes me to keep my house clean. If I can save 15 minutes and a bit of elbow grease, that’s 15 minutes I can relax with a latte or an iced coffee instead.
15 Easy Household Hacks
These easy household hacks will help take care of those little things you may have missed or may not have figured out an easy solution for. Tackle a few of these a week and your house will be spotless and ready for company in no time.
- If you have food that’s stuck on (or sticky) on your kitchen counters, get the putty knife out and tackle it that way. The wider surface will make it much easier to remove.
- Move seldom used small appliances off the kitchen counter. Less things to move around and clean will help save you time. Hide them under the counter until they are needed.
- For a mess free way to make pancakes, put pancake batter in a cleaned out ketchup bottle and squeeze out only what you need.
- To remove the stem from a strawberry, use a straw. Takes only seconds.
- Use a shish kebab stick to get gunk out of the corner of the tub or window sill.
- Use toothpaste to clear up hazy car headlights. Works well and it’s much cheaper than products sold at the auto store.
- Put Legos in a lingerie bag and toss them in the washing machine to disinfect them.
- To kill germs in your sponge, microwave it for two minutes.
- Line kitchen drawers with place mats. When they need to be changed, just toss them in the wash.
- Don’t waste your money on stainless steel cleaner, just mix a bit of cream of tartar with water for a more frugal solution.
- Clean your keyboard with an old toothbrush and Q-tip. Just make sure you unplug it first!
- Freshen the toilet bowl with a denture tablet in between scrubbing.
- Use a paintbrush to dust picture frames with grooves.
- Use a lint brush to easily dust lamp shades.
- Use a new tennis ball to wipe scuff marks off tile or vinyl floors.
Do you have any easy household hacks you rely on?