I’m always looking for fun and creative ways to adorn and embellish gifts, journals, scrapbooks/pages and other crafty projects. Target has some great deals on gift embellishments for under $2, but when you combine a few elements together, well you can come up with some pretty creative stuff, like this Lollipop Tag.
Double Sided Tape
– Choose tag and cover with double sided tape, being careful not to tough the tape in the center too much. Trim off excess.
– Starting at the center of the tag, begin wrapping and adhering twine to the tag in a circular pattern. Continue until tag is completely covered.
– Leave a little extra string and snip off excess. Using the hot glue/gun, wrap the excess around the back to secure, so that the twine won’t unravel and adhere lollipop stick on top of string and press into hot glue before it cools.
– Adhere 2nd tag to the back to cover the lollipop stick and excess string using the hot glue/gun and press firmly together. (This would be a good time to add your tag loop and sandwich it in between the two tags, I forgot to do this and added the loop later).
– Using the same twine or coordinating twine/ribbon or a ready made bow, tie or adhere a bow on the Lollipop Tag stick for decoration.
– Use Lollipop Tag as part of gift wrap, card, scrapbook page or other creative embellishment.
The Lollipop Tag was such a fun, quick and easy project to make. I think I spent more time photographing the steps and editing the photographs than I did on the actual project. There are so many different variations of this project that can be made, and the uses are a plenty. These would be adorable for party favors, or you could fill little buckets with candy, add labels to the lollipops for a candy bar, you could adorn your scrapbook pages or embellish a journal cover, the list goes on and on.
Do you create your own embellishments? Will you use this Lollipop Tag on your creative projects or gifts?