Learning how to find blogs that are a good fit for your product or your client can save you a lot of time. Ideally, you want to find a blog that has a good reach for the product or service you want them to promote. Discovering that blog means more exposure to for your client and hopefully, more sales.
How to Find Blogs that are a Good Fit
Learning how to find blogs that are a good fit isn’t as hard as it seems. You know the product or service that you need to have promoted. You just need to find a blog that is read by people that have that interest. If you have a health product, look for a blogger who writes about health. If you have a hot new children’s toy, look for parenting blogs. When looking for blogs to work with, keep these things in mind:
- How frequently does the blog have new content? If they haven’t posted in months, this may be an indication that they aren’t active any longer, and their readers have moved on.
- What do their menu tabs say? The menu tabs on a blog will give you a good indication of the topics they cover.
- What is the engagement like on their social media channels? Is anyone paying attention to what they write about on that topic?
- If product photography is important to your brand or client, take a look at the quality of their photos. Do they use stock images or take their photos themselves?
- If you’re having problems finding blogs around your topic, search on Twitter for hashtags that are popular in your industry. Try #glutenfree for a gluten free product #healthliving for a health product, etc.
- Are they sharing their ideas? Some bloggers create content of their own. Others use guest posts. Some create roundups. Others focus on giveaways. Find the best fit for your brand or client.
- Look at their reach. While numbers alone are not a good way to choose a blogger, it is important to consider if you need to provide concrete statistics on a campaign.
No matter what your goals are, learning how to find blogs that are a good fit is important. When looking for new bloggers to work with, keep these tips in mind.